Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Birthday Time

OK, I want to start off by pointing out that I'm still playing catch up from this summer's happenings, so I'm sorry that I'm a little behind!

August has always been THE birthday month for me and my friends. Not only is my birthday in August, but most of my good friends' bdays are practically back to back the first few weeks of August. I loved that growing up because I knew that there would always be at least one party to go to before we headed back to school. I'm just glad that I now get to share my bday experience and my most favorite cake (ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins) with ME now, and that she loves my cake as much as I do! Here she is "cake hopping" and eating cake from everyone else's plates.

Let me fly to the next plate of cake on my airplane!


I may not have had a big giant party, but having this sweet little girl in my arms is the best way to spend a birthday!

Not only are my friends's birthdays this month, but now ME's friends are having August bdays. Ashley and I took a roadtrip to NW Arkansas at the end of August with ME and Davis for Taylor's (Sarah's little girl) 1st birthday. For the most part it was a good trip. On the way up there, Davis and Mary Elizabeth took turns crying for a little bit or taking naps, but once we got to Taylor's luau party, we had a great time.

Davis, I think you took a wrong turn! (We had to stop in Russellville for gas, b/c someone's pregnant brain didn't think to fill up before leaving LR. So Ashley and I took turns going to the bathroom and let the kids stretch their legs.)

We stayed at my friend Helen's house. Her daughter, Ashley, came by with Noah and Caroline. This is our attempt of getting a picture of the 3 of them together. At least we didn't make them act out a play like my brother always made us do as kids!

Taylor, the Luau princess. Her momma decorated the birthday scene so cute, they even had a volcano!
What great friends!
Notice where both of these kids are...Davis in the dirt and ME not touching it! I tried to put her in but she freaked out. I guess it's a good thing we didn't take a beach trip. :)


Davis showing ME how much fun it is to play in the dirt.


ME putting the dirt back into the pool.


ME had more fun eating the water on the slip'n slide and climbing all over the blow up slide. There was no dirt that could get on her there. :)

We stopped by Krispy Kreme on the way home. I know she has her hat on wrong, but at least she's wearing something on her head just for a Kodak moment!

2 comments:

LaLa said...

What fun great friends are! I'm just gald Davis couldn't reach the gas pedal! What cute kids and so glad you girls are getting to share each others specail moments!

Taylor's Parents said...

sooo fun! Wonderful people are born in August! So glad ya'll could come to Tay's bday party!