Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Does 22 months=terrible twos?


Pumpkin Patch 2009. "I'm 22 months old and... I like being a big sister!"
First of all, I want to thank everyone that has been so interested in how ME is adjusting to Benjamin being in our home. After you read this post, you can decide.

Our sweet, sweet Mary Elizabeth is now 22 months old and is a big sister. However, she is starting to show her not so sweet, sweet side these days. Ask Drew or my parents that have witnessed it first-hand!

One thing that is still the same with ME is that she is a creature of routine. Here's her new routine ever since we got home from the hospital on Saturday...it's like a lightswitch is flipped at 7:30 p.m. and she turns into spaz-child! For a while, she's been running through the kitchen after you countdown "1,2,3, go", but now, she has taken that to the hallway and then gallops through the living room around the couch. Although you may think this is cute like we did the first night, you have to realize that she's also screaming on the top of her lungs and then saying "NO!" several times if we get anywhere near her. I want to know who taught her that ugly word and I would like for you to delete that out of her vocabulary, please! Anyway, after she does that about 10 times, I'm finally able to get her to make a detour to her bedroom to play with her millions of stuffed animals on her bed. Then I turn off the lights, while hearing "NO!" repeatedly. Then she tosses and turns a gagillion times, then gives the bedrail zurburts (or raspberrys). Trust me, it's so hard not to laugh while watching her do all of this! However, tonight she changed up her routine a little more and just screamed, yelled, and threw a fit the whole time. Can we say "Hello, terrible twos?" It broke my heart when she threw her sippy cup at me. I hope this doesn't last long! Luckily, Drew was able to intervene and calm her down tonight!
Now please don't get me wrong...she is still a very sweet and loving princess, but we are just starting to see another side of her at night.Here's her sweet sharing side. She's letting Boots and Dora press the button on her busy gear toy. She likes for everyone to have a turn at whatever she does...including Benjamin!

Words:
"no"=no
"now"=after she puts things back
"back"=when she wants things put back in the right spot
"otay"=okay
"told"=hold
"telp"=help
"tinzie"=her cousin McKenzie
"dot dog"=hot dog
"puntin"=pumpkin
"there it is"
"I'm big sister."
She adds a "t" to most words and she's starting to get more clear on her sentences, too!

No comments: