Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Benjamin's 1 week checkup

Today was my first outing with both ME and Benjamin. The only place we went was to see the doctor for Benjamin's well-baby checkup and to get a flu shot for ME (which she didn't cry at and all she said was "Boo boo!"). I've been most nervous about being in the parking lot with both of them, but I think God was definitely with me as well as the rain in making sure that ME stayed close by. Besides the pooring down rain, it wasn't too bad, except that I left my wallet at the doctor's office and had to go back.

The doctor said that everything looked good and that Benjamin is right on track for a 1-week-old. I noticed that he's been a little jaundice the past few days, but she said that was normal considering that I'm nursing him, so I don't have to worry about that until another week or so if it doesn't go away. He slept through most of it, but as you can see, he didn't like being messed with.


Benjamin's first well-baby stats:
  • Weight: 8 pounds 7.8 ounces (57%)
  • Length: 21 inches (78%)
  • Head: 14 inches (31%)

Thank God for stickers in a doctor's office! Drew and I both left the office with stickers on our legs.

Quick update on ME at night: she did a much better job tonight and was much sweeter tonight. I think it was because I had to sing "Twinkle, twinkle little star" about 10 times to her.

No comments: