Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, October 25, 2009

ME's Fall Fun Trips

Fall has officially become my favorite season. I always thought Spring was, but I just love the colors and all of the happenings that go on this time of year from watching College Game Day (yes, I love college football even though I don't understand it all, and Kirk Herbstreit!), the crispness in the air, and the festivals and decor. Plus, October is the month of mine and Drew's anniversary (we just celebrated 5 years a few weeks ago) and now the birthday of our beautiful son! I'm excited that ME is old enough to enjoy all of this with us now, too; however, I haven't been able to take her to any of the fun events that have gone on because I've been either in the hospital delivering a baby or homebound with Benjamin to avoid the flu, so ME's wonderful grandparents have taken her on several outings so that she won't miss out.


Playhouse Disney

On Friday, September 25, VeVe and D-dub took ME to see Playhouse Disney. I'm totally jealous that I missed out on seeing Mickey Mouse, but I know that she had loads of fun!






Arkansas State Fair

LaLa and Grandy picked ME up from daycare on Wednesday, October 14 (one of the few non-rainy days that week) to take her to the fair. My parents said that as soon as ME walked in and saw the rides, she said "Wow!" and that she loved seeing all of the animals. Her favorites were the pigs. Here are a few fair pix:

Riding the merry-go-round with LaLa. After the rides were over, she would look at them and say "More?"

" I want in there!"
She milked a cow and realized that milk was on her finger!


"Look, Choo choo Papa. I'm riding a 'choo train'!"

"Mmmm...dot dog!" I can't believe that I was a big preggo and could have enjoyed all the fried food, but would have been too tired to walk around! Is there really fried butter?!?!

ME's first class field trip


On Monday, October 19, her daycare went to the puntin patch (pumpkin patch). However, every child had to have a parent go with them. Again, since I had just gotten out of the hospital, my parents took her. It's been raining so much here that all of the pumpkins were wet or dirty. Do you think that this bothered our OCD child?

Get this dirt off of me! Notice that she insisted that her jacket be on and buttoned, too!

Giddyup puntins!
ME and LuLu (Louis).

I just love this face!!!
ME and Cade trying to pose...real cooperative right?

I had to show this face. This is her "No!" face that we've seen a lot this past week!
"Peep-eye!" Forget about the pumpkins and pictures...I've got a tree to climb! Reminds me of the tree me and my cousins used to climb at my grandparents house. :)

"These puntins are making me thirsty!"


The big pumpkin was hers that she picked out, but someone stole it off of our porch a few nights ago. :( The little one is the one that she picked for Benjamin. She has to bring it in off the porch everyday when she gets home from daycare and has to show it to him and say...

"Look, a puntin!" Very sweet!
Thanks, Dandy and LaLa!

Church Fall Carnival

Our church had their annual Fall Carnival this past weekend. I stayed home with Benjamin while ME went with Drew and VeVe. Sadly, I didn't finish getting all of her costume pieces ready, but she had her "Big Sister" scrubs, so she went as a doctor. I think that's fitting seeing that her initials are M.E.D! She must have had a great time because she was zapped before she even got home!
Are kids born to already know how to pick out candy???
She's so sweet that she had to get a treat for Dixie...a tennis ball!
ME fishing. Do you think she won anything?
"MMM...dot dog!" Are you catching on to what she likes to eat? :)

Drew and I are so lucky that we have ME and Ben's wonderful grandparents here in town with us to help us out! I know that ME appreciated all of the fun times with you guys, too!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I love the last picture of ME. She looks so grown-up and beautiful!!

LaLa said...

Well - somebody had to have all the fun so might as well have been me, Grandy, VeVe & Doug! We loved every minute of it - she is a pure delight and not sure who had more fun us or ME! Thanks for letting us share in these unforgettable moments with her! Can't wait to take cousin McKenzie and Ben on the next adventure with us!