Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Now that Fall is here...

...I thought I would finish blogging about our summer. I've been meaning to do this all summer long, but for some reason just never got around to finishing this. So I wanted to make sure I finished blogging about the summer before Little Peanut gets here.
  • My friend sent this picture to me so I could have documentation of ME's 1st bus ride. She rode the bus with me from the zoo to the park after our school field trip in May. She had fun looking out the window.

What's that?

  • One of the most important parts about summer is swimming and I am sooooooooooo thankful that ME is a fish! She loved the water and didn't mind getting dunked under the water. I just feel bad when we drive by the pool and we aren't actually going swimming because I hear her in the back saying "Wawer, wawer". Since ME was so fearless with the water, we didn't go as much as I'd hoped because I was constantly chasing her around the pool. But we had a good time every time!

My fearless fish!
  • We went to Craws for Paws (a fundraiser for animals that our friend, Scotty, puts on every year) in June. It was in the River Market pavilion and very hot. ME's hair can show how humid it was. She, of course, loved getting to see all of the doggies running around there.



Unfortunately, we didn't take any of the dogs home. :(

  • In July, ME got her 2nd haircut. If you can't tell by the picture below, it didn't go as well as the first time. She didn't want to sit in the airplane/taxi/car chairs, she didn't want the apron on, and she really just didn't want to be there. Luckily there were bubbles and animal crackers!
Don't take off too much!
  • And, of course, we had several playdates with friends.

We had lunch at Shorty Small's with Amy and Stella. This was our 1st experience of the summer for ME to show me how I wasn't allowed to hold other babies...big eye opener!



Design consultation/play date with the Charton's. I was neighbors with Alexa's mom in college. She just moved back to AR and I'm helping her out with getting her house "put together". Alexa is a great big sis to her little sister, Hollan, and was so sweet to show ME how to play on the swing set.


We met Davis and Ashley several times and, as usual, I could never get a decent picture of them both looking at the same time.

  • We even made a trip to Memphis in August to visit Drew's grandma in the hospital. Don't worry, she's doing fine now! But we were able to see Drew's dad, his uncle and cousin, and then make a stop to see Mama Sam.
Don't worry, Daddy Mike, I'll pay tonight.
Thanks, Mama Sam, for reading to me...
...and for letting me play dress up!
As you can probably tell, we had a busy, but great summer. I'm just sad that it had to come to an end. But ME is now all rested up and ready to play the role of Big Sister now!

No comments: