Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, December 18, 2011

New York @ Christmas

Drew and I just got back from New York. Although it was a fast trip, we still had a great time getting to hang out with Drew's dad.

If you squint, you can see Lady Liberty.

This city just amazes me! It's sooooo crowded!!!!

Of course, Drew and I did a little shopping while we were there. I love how all of the storefronts are decorated for Christmas.

Drew was able to get Letterman tickets for us and his dad. It's always so neat to see how everything works behind the scenes! The night that we went, they just got finished taping with Tom Hanks (aww man!), but we got to see Jude Law instead.

We had to show off our VIP tickets to get to sit in the balcony. I promise...it sounds cooler than the actual seats were. But all in all, it's still so neat to get to see it all!


<><>
<>
<><>
I think I just may have the next "Lego Master" in my class this year. I mean this guy eats/breathes/sleeps/and wears all things LEGOS! So I had to take a few pictures inside of FAO Schwarz for him. I can't wait to be able to say that I taught this Lego-mind!
 
After the Letterman show, we walked around the city to take in the night life. And I got to see the Rockefeller Tree!!! Absolutely BREATHTAKING!!! Period.

Our purpose for even going to NYC was for a wedding in Conneticut. Mike headed to CT a few hours before we were ready to go, so we stayed in NYC and shopped around. We opted to take the train out of Grand Central Station later on Friday. I can't believe that the trains still run! We hung out in Grand Central long enough for me to start picturing all of the people that have come and gone in that amazing place! Of course, the hopeless romantic that I am, I pictured proposals being made way back when. :)

The wedding was a blast, even though we really didn't know anyone! However, everyone seemed to know all about our children and how "exceptional" they are thanks to one proud Daddy Mike. Ha!


As I already said, the New York state of mind is just amazing. We had a great time, but I am looking forward to catching up on my sleep. Oh wait...I have a two-year-old and four-year-old...I don't know what sleep is. Ha!

No comments: