Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mary Elizabeth is four!!!!

We celebrated Mary Elizabeth's FOURTH birthday today! I can't believe I'm even saying that!!! We had a great party at the church down the street from our house. They have a playland similar Chick-fil-A, so the kids new exactly what to do! All I had to bring was the cake and party favors...way too easy!!!

Look who stopped in a few days before the party and ate all of the kid's cereal.


At least Delf made it up to them by bringing party favors for ME's party (and they were even in ME's favorite colors)!


I wish all men listened as well as Delf does. Ha!


This adding another candle every year is really going to play on my emotions the older she gets!


Our little birthday princess all decked out in her favorite colors (pink, purple, blue, and green).


The food table to coordinate with her favorite colors and food (Cheetos and chocolate cake).

ME even helped me set up the table...she took all of the Hershey's Kisses and put them all on one side of the table. My little OCD child couldn't stand the thought of the kisses being scattered all over the table.

She even did a little taste test of her favorite snacks.

Caught ya!


This is what a 4-year-old looks like. The  next time you see her, ask her about it. She has a face for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9-year-olds.

Benjamin had no trouble figuring out how to party!


Neither did McKenzie!

Benjamin: "Uhhh...move out of my way McKenzie! I need to play!"


I love how these boys look like they're pouting because they don't get to climb in the playland.


Benjamin kept coming in the party room for a snack. I love how he didn't even stop to smile for a pic with  his VeVe. He's serious about his food!

"What? Did someone say I have something on me?"

Don't they look like they're having a serious convo?

Time for cake!


Look at all of those boys!!! Thankfully we had McKenzie, ME's classmate Reagan, and a few little baby sisters!


I love this!
Davis and Reagan (the "big kids") are helping McKenzie climb up to the next level.

Superman Kade!

I love how ME is so patiently waiting to blow out her candles! How do they automatically know to do that?

She tried soooo hard to blow out all 4 candles!


I love her cake for lots of reasons...it has all of her favorite colors, it was made by two of my dear friends (Ashley and Kerri), and it was chocolate!!!

We even had purple ice cream to fit the theme of her favorite things!

It was good to the last drop. :)

ME: "See VeVe! It's really purple!"

My birthday princess even had time to pose with me. I wonder how many more years this will last!

And now for the presents...

I love how the room was practically full of boys and they were all huddled around her presents until they saw what was inside...

girl toys!!!

Benjamin even found him a gift that he liked! Guess we'll be asking Santa for a guitar for Christmas.


I'm not sure how I feel about this tradition...the other sibling gets a present becuase it's the other one's birthday party. Benjamin sure didn't care though! He was serious about opening his present and then reading the book that was inside!

Two of the cutest boys I know!

Awww...
I know these pics are a little out of order but I still had to post them.
ME was seriously so determined to blow out all 4 of those candles!

And the girl seriously loves her some cheetos!

"What? I still have something on my face?

I think she really was taking it all in!

I finally had to help her with the blowing of the candles. A little spit on the cake doesn't matter, right?

I love a little princess that's all smiles!

She just wanted to make sure that she got every taste in!

Who cares if he's a mess? He's still so cute!

Look at this big boy! When did he get to be so independent?

Ha! That independence lasted for about 5 seconds!

How did 2 such cute girls like Reagan and ME get put in the doghouse? Ha!


I wonder how these 2 got sent to the doghouse. :)

The way all of the boys are surrounding ME, you'd think they were into the Barbies. But I think they were hoping for her to open a Transformer or something.

This dude has some serious talent! :)

ME's first Cindy! The boys are really checkin' that doll out!

ME with her Jesus doll.
What's up with that you ask? Well, a few weeks ago, ME told me that we had to decorate for Christmas. Then she proceeded to tell me that she wanted to play with her baby Jesus toy. I wasn't sure what she was talking about, so I told both grandmas about it. So VeVe came across this "grown up" Jesus. However, before VeVe found this doll, I finally figured out that ME was actually referring to her Little People Nativity Set that we put out every Christmas. Ah ha!

Dandy and Ddub...two very important men in our lives!

Yes! I was able to sneak in a birthday kiss from the birthday princess!



Two of the cutest troublemakers around


ME still had enough energy after the party to strike a pose and show off her cute shirt that my bestie, Sarah, made from Make it Initial.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

I cannot believe our ME is getting so big! But as she tells me - LaLa I have to get bigger so I can reach stuff! Happy Birthday baby oops I mean Big Girl! Love you bunches!