Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, June 20, 2011

NKOTBSB

Yes, you are reading the title right! This is a blog about New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys, baby!!! Drew surprised me with some tickets to see my childhood boyband in Memphis. So me and 3 of my other mom friends didn't hesitate to head over there this weekend. ;) I saw NKOTB 20 years ago with my family and the Lampkins...I can still show you my exact seat at Barton Coliseum, remember what I wore, and remember what I took with me (a white poster that my dad and I drew "I heart Donnie" on with a black marker). I must say that I deeply regret not bringing a poster with me this time, but my New Kids did not disappoint, even if they aren't so "new" anymore. And I'm not ashamed to say that I truly think that I jumped and danced more this time than when I saw them when I was in 4th grade. I'm so ready to see them again! Oh, and BSB wasn't bad either!


Ashley was definitely prepared to see the hotties!
I can't believe that Ashley, Kerri, and I even had time to pose for a pic we were jumping so much.


Between me, Anna Carol, and Kerri, can you tell which one of us had pink eye?


We had a FANTASTIC view for not being on the front row!


I'm pretty sure that Donnie saw me jumping wildly and yelling his name! Ha!

Note to self: must take a pair of scissors with me next time so I can fight off the girl that tries to steal Donnie's shirt that he throws in the audience. OK, actually I would just use them to cut the shirt in half to share it. Seriously, there was a small cat-fight on the front row over his shirt!


I love these girls and am so glad that we were able to relive our childhood memories even though we're a bunch of 30-something moms!

They're still "hangin' tough"!

We were so pumped after the concert that we were ready to go out on Beale St. However, Beale St. wasn't ready for us 4 moms on a Monday night, so we stopped by the Peabody Hotel for a little relaxation. For Leslie and Sarah, I promise that I didn't reenact my engagement on top of the Peabody this time...I did offer though! ;)

1 comment:

LaLa said...

You go girl! I remember how excited you were when you gave you those first tickets to NKOTB! So glad after all these years that the excitement hasn't faded!