Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Gettin' ready for Santa

Who knew that getting ready for Santa the day before Christmas would be so busy? Well, I guess when you add Mary Elizabeth's birthday in the mix of it all as well, you will be busy. But it's oh so worth it! The Dees household was full of busy bees on Christmas Eve by getting into the presents from VeVe's house, putting together the big gifts that Santa sent us in advance since they wouldn't fit in his sleigh, and making Santa's cookies.


Benjamin loves his new wagon, especially riding in it!

Santa was so thoughtful in sending his presents ahead of time.

Benjamin loved reading to his Daddy Mike.

We had such fun making cookies for Santa, although they turned out hard as a rock and were shaped like blobs (instead of reindeer and razorbacks) thanks to our terrible oven.

They still were yummy.

ME loved the idea of writing a letter to Santa.

Of course, she had to have a part in the action, too.
I loved getting ready for Santa and I especially loved that ME was so into this year! I can't wait for Benjamin to start really getting into, too! Another memorable moment for this evening was that ME and I went to the Christmas Eve service with my parents at their church, while Benjamin hung out with Drew. I just wish I had my camera with me, though, because ME got to get on stage with the other kids from the congregation and sing "Jingle Bells". It was priceless!

No comments: