Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dear Santa, I've been good this year

I have to say that our trips to see to Santa this year were more successful than in the past! First, Benjamin's class took a field trip to the mall on December 7th. Yes, you read that right...Benjamin's class (a bunch of 1-year-old's and younger!) went to the mall to see Santa! Drew met them there and said that it was crazy! Can you imagine? Benjamin's teachers said that he was the first to sit on Santa's lap because he was the only one that wasn't crying.

Benjamin wasn't crying, but he certainly wasn't impressed!

 Then, my mom and I took ME, McKenzie, and Benjamin to the mall on December 19. We got there right when the mall opened, but still had to wait a little over an hour. Luckily, I had my double-stroller, so my mom and I took turns strolling through the mall with all 3 kiddos while the other one stood in line. I now have a whole new appreciation for parents of twins, especially those with older siblings! Everyone thought that Benjmain and McKenzie were twins and I had so many "bless your heart" looks while strolling with all 3. I honestly had fun, though! Anyway, when we finally got to see Santa, ME had no problem going right up to him because he had visited their school earlier that week. Such an improvement compared to 2 years ago! The pictures below are a little out of order, but it still recaps the fun memory.
"I want 2 puzzles."

"See, mom, he's nice!"

Benjamin: "Didn't I already see this guy?"

They had too much fun at the mall.

This was on the way to the mall. They have no clue where they're headed.

Waiting in line. "We have to sit in this stroller for how long?"

I love the look that Benjamin is giving McKenzie! It's like "Will someone please make her be quiet? I have a list to give Santa!"

I'm so over the mall scene!

1 comment:

Picture Books said...

love the "santa" pics--my kids won't go near santa :-) those are too cute!