Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Benjamin's 14-months

Benjamin is now 14-months-old and FULL of energy, which explains why I can't get him to sit still long enough to pose with his blocks anymore! I had to wait for Drew to get home and take pix with his camera phone because I dropped my camera and broke it last week at ME's party.:( I honestly can't remember the last time I sat down and actually sat still! The boy is filled with curiosity. And man, oh man, were people right when they say that boys get into everything! We've childproofed almost everything possible in the house...even the toilet! With all that said, we're having crazy fun in this household!
Things he's into:
  • Tackling Dixie and Mo
  • Climbing onto everything (the kitchen chairs, his rocking horse, and almost our bed and ME's bed). Actually, he learned how to climb on to the rocking horse all by himself on Thanksgiving! But now he just wants to stand on it. Ugh!
  • Loves to make his momma call the doctor and poison control! He's fallen twice this past month and hit his head pretty hard. I called the doc both times, but they assured me that he didn't have a concussion either time. He also got a hold of a cinnamon candle the night before Thanksgiving and broke out in welps. After talking to a doc friend and poison control, he peacefully rested with the help of Benadryl.
  • Doing the motions to songs. His faves are "The Wheels on the Bus", "Pat-a-cake", and "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
  • Smacking his lips to kiss (or call for Dixie)
  • Starting to remember daily routine things (showing me where breakfast is, climbing into high chair to eat, pointing to both Christmas trees in the living room to remind me to turn them both on)
  • Don't tell anyone this because I'll jinx myself, but he's a pretty good sleeper! I just wish he would teach his older sister that trick!
  • He loves to sit in (or near) my lap and have me read books to him.

Speaking of his sister, she just can't resist holding him and playing or loving on him.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Happy 14 months Ben! What a joy you are - those dimples light up every room you enter! And I love that you all boy and that you are giving your mom a run for her money! You definetly are keeping all of us on our toes - but we love every minute of it - love you big boy!