Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Roberts Fall Carnival

My school's Math and Literacy Fall Carnival was tonight. I thought it would be fun for the kids to come hang out with me while I helped out. Brant and Kari are in the process of moving into their new house, so Drew brought McKenzie with him, too.

Benjamin was making his guess on how many candy eyeballs were in the jar. I love how he's concentrating so hard!

I think I need to work on estimating a little more with ME, though. As soon as she saw the box of Tootsie Rolls, she told me she wanted them. But I explained to her that she had to guess how many were in the box and she might win them. So she guess 5 Tootsie Rolls. Then she spotted the M & M's and I asked her if there were more than 5 in there. She guessed 6. Then she guessed 17 for the lollipops box. We didn't win.

ME and McKenzie found their favorite station...dancing!

The Science Lab was invaded with a ton of animals and creatures! All three of the kids loved the chickens. But as soon as ME, McKenzie, and Drew realized there were snakes in the room, they ran out! Benjamin, on the other hand, wanted to go touch the snake.


The Pre-K teachers were doing face paint. ME actually set down for Mrs. Strom to paint her face. She was so proud of her rainbow.

McKenzie is into "bootiful dresses" these days, so she pointed to the ghost on the chart for Molly to paint a "bootiful dress" on her face.

Benjamin wanted a ball on his face. But the second he realized he had to sit still for Effie to paint it, he was over it. Maybe next time! 

No comments: