Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Another school carnival

It's October and that means LOTS of Fall festivities. Tonight we went to one of the many events of the season...the kid's school carnival. It was fun to see all of the kids in their costumes!

ME's class had a pumpkin decorating contest earlier this week. I knew about it all along, but seeing how I never know if I'm coming or going these days, I missed the important detail...when the pumpkin was due. After I had a major meltdown about the fact that my work has me totally bogged down these days, Drew decorated this pumpkin for ME per her design request with all of her favorite colors (pink, purple, blue, green...and orange to accent it) while I was enjoying a girls night with my Sunday School group. This is one MAJOR downfall of being a teacher...you get so caught up in your own schoolwork that you don't even pay attention to your own child's school happenings. Hopefully, I can fix that!

Benjmamin, the Train Conductor. I didn't think he'd wear the hat so I didn't even bother buying him one. And he wanted nothing to do with the bandana. Do you like where I put it?

My Halloween cuties!

ME was a China doll. Our friend, Ron, brought this outfit to her 2 years ago from Asia (I can't remember which country), so I thought Halloween would be the perfect time to wear it! Obviously, I did NOT miss my calling as a makeup artist. Ha!

Fishing for candy

Benjamin wasn't so sure about getting his fortune told.

ME liked it, though.

Benjamin found a spot where he was more comfortable...rockin' and a rollin'.
  The parents for each class had to sign up to work different stations for the night. We joined the Atkins' for cookie decorating. I loved watching all of the kids (especially ours, of course) generously apply the icing. :)
Superhero Davis (I guess I better learn the correct names of these heroes as I'm sure I'll be getting into them with Benjamin soon).
Add caption


Beth Ann was a sweet little flower. So fitting, I think. :)




Best buds (Miss Meagan, their teacher, is behind them...I love her!).


No comments: