Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Planes, trains, and automobiles...oh my!

We had Benjamin's birthday party at Maumelle Park today. I couldn't have asked for better weather than what we had! I think we'll be pretty fortunate with the weather every year for Benjamin's birthday party. On the flip side, we'll always have the Razorback football schedule to plan around...ha! I think everyone had a great time, too. The park was perfect for all of the boys to get to run around and play football.

I did a planes, train, and automobiles theme with orange and yellow everywhere. I may have already said this, but never in a million years would I have ever guessed that I would be sooo excited about trucks! But I know that's what our little Ben Ben is into and I L-O-V-E how excited he gets around his favorite things!!!
This was his invitation that my mom and I created. The top of it says "Planes, trains, and automobile...oh my!"

I'm sad that this was the only picture of the food table, but I love how it turned out! Everything was orange or yellow. Do you know how easy that was considering that Summer just ended {insert clearance sale on yellow decor} and Halloween is right around the corner {insert orange is practically oozing out of every store right now}?

"Seriously, Mom? I don't have time to take pictures...it's my party!"
My bestie, Sarah, made his dump truck shirt to match his dump truck dirt cake. Check her out on Facebook (Make it Inital).

He's saying "c'mon, let's go open presents!" All of his friends are by the swings and they pretty much stayed there.

ME wanted to go get a truck shirt to wear to her brother's party, but I told  her that they didn't have a truck shirt for girls. So she settled for her self-proclaimed party clothes and Benjamin's "I heart trucks" button.

"I found a stick thiiiis big!"
Davis found a stick and was very proud of it!

ME was a great helper with opening the presents.

Don't let this picture fool you. Benjamin just likes to pretend that he uses his fork from time to time.

"Mmmm...messs!"

I love my little messy boy!!!!

"VeVe, I'm listening to ya, but I have to eat my cake!"

ME was in Heaven with her plate full of Cheetos!

All of the kids really wanted to get in the water. Maybe this pavillion wasn't a great idea after all. Don't worry...no one got it in! :)

I guess Benjamin wouldn't listen to VeVe anymore, so LaLa


He's such a big boy now!


He's "patiently" waiting to eat his cake.

Benjamin was so impressed with everyone's singing of Happy Birthday, that he applauded us. :)

This was the easiest cake I think I will ever make for a birthday! Dirt cake poured into a dump truck.

It was too fun watching the kids play football!


ME gave up on helping with present opening, so our neighbor, Will, and Uncle Bob-o helped us. They were both great helpers!

This is one of my favorite pics! It won't be too long until the roles will reverse.
 

Another year, another candle...


No comments: