Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tailgatin' with the Dees and Atkins

Football season is finally here! Our family looks forward to this "season" every year. I know you're probably thinking "Wait! You don't know anything about football!" And yes, you're right! But I love everything else about it...getting dressed up for the games, the people watching, and an excuse to hang out with my friends. Today was the first LR game, so we got to do my favorite football activity...tailgate. Drew Dees doesn't get up early for many things (not even work usually), but during football season, he will get up at the crack of dawn just to go to a tailgate party! I took the kids to the tailgate for a little while, too. I think they had more fun than the grownups did.

ME had to show Benjamin how to play Baggo "the proper way".

As soon as Benjamin walked up to our tailgate spot, he noticed the cookies. "Mmm...cake! Mess!" As he always says.

Who knew that Razorbacks and footballs tasted so good?

The only way to eat a cookie...all at one time!

ME got to watch the Razorback football team pull up to the stadium. Benjamin was too busy with his cookie.

ME didn't approve how the grown-ups were playing Baggo, so she had to show Marc how to play it her way.

Benjamin didn't feel too confident in Marc and Robby's Baggo playing skills either.

A tailgate is the perfect time for little boys to get to run around!

I love that ME and Davis never get tired of each other!

Is ME tougher than those boys?

Nope! I guess they can all win (as she says).



Davis found a new "best friend" at our tailgate. I'm not sure if we ever figured out who he was, though.

ME had to show the boys how to run with the football.

Benjamin took a break from all that playing to rest in VeVe's lap.


One happy Razorback family.

ME: "Really? I have to stop playing to take a picture?"



1 comment:

LaLa said...

Love my cute little Razorbacks!