Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boo boo! Boo boo!

Sadly, but surprisingly, Benjamin had his first serious head injury today. I mean, really, I can't believe this is the first time that medical attention has been provided to one of his many head boo-boos, but it's still so scary!
This is my first week back to work and, of course, the daycare is closed this week to prepare for the new classes. So my mom kept the kids today. As soon as I sat down for my meeting, I saw that my mom was calling, but I hit ignore (sorry, Mom!) because I thought she was probably calling to tell me something cute that my cute kids did. I also thought that if she really needed me, she would've kept calling me or texted me. But she didn't and I didn't get a good chance to call to check on everyone until after lunch today. Here's the convo that we had when I finally did call:
Me: "How are y'all doing?"
LaLa: "Ok."
Me: "Is ME still awake?"
LaLa: "Yes. She's eating lunch now."
Me: "It's 2:30! Why is Mary Elizabeth just now eating lunch?"
LaLa: "Oh, we kind of had a situation this morning and just got back from the doctor."
Me: "WHAT?!?!" and let my tears begin rolling........
She then went on to explain to me that Benjamin ran into their thick coffee table. The odd part is that there are corner pads on TOP of all the corners of the table. But his head decided to bump into the BOTTOM part of one of the corners. Kari and McKenzie just so happened to be there at the time and Kari said that his head was BLOODY and LaLa was the most panicked that Kari has ever seen her! So my mom and Dad took the kids to the "brown" doctor (remember that's the color of the doctor building). Luckily, after the doctor looked at Benjamin's head, they determined that he just needed a "glue strip".


Thank God for cheap entertainment while you have to wait for numbing ointment to work!

"Please no stitches! Please no stitches!" Instead, they put a special glue strip on his head.
This gives me flashbacks to 2nd grade of when I ran into a sneeze guard at a Pizza Hut salad bar.

"Ok, they said no stitches. So let go of me!"


"Well, maybe this isn't too bad...two ladies are fanning me!"






The cutest patient ever! He had to wait for the numbing ointment to work, so they wrapped him up like he had a war wound. Then Dandy taught Benjamin valuable life lessons like where to put your hands if you don't have pockets. My word! And I was at school during all this craziness?!?!

"It's only a flesh wound!" Or as Benjamin keeps telling me and Drew already "Boo boo! Boo boo!"

1 comment:

LaLa said...

I promise it wasn't as bad as it looks! Ben was the best patient!