Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ben Ben is 22 months

Benjamin really is 22 months this time! Sheesh, I can't believe I did that last month! But check out my big boy. He's such a pro at stacking blocks (did you see that he stack a 2 on top of a 2? coincidence? or a hint for mommy?) and posing now!


He's COMPLETELY into "tartars" (guitars) these days. He's playing his air guitar for me in this pic.

He may be a rock star these days, but he still loves his trucks!

  • I don't think I've mentioned it in his last few monthly posts, but Benjamin is such a great eater. I've caught myself now ordering salads with the tomatoes just so Benjamin can eat them. Pre-Ben, I would 86 the tomatoes...yuck! He also LOVES blueberries!!! I think that he thinks they're candy. They've been my lifesaver during "Adult Swim" at the pool this summer. He could easily eat an entire package of them in one sitting if I let him (which I may or may not have a time or two). There have been several times this summer, where he skips right over his entree, chips, or fries and goes straight to the blueberries. And then in just a matter of seconds, they're "all don" and he wants "more! more!"
  • Benjamin still isn't talking sentences, but I'm able to get most of his jabbering throughout the day.
  • He still refers to most animals by the sound they make. I think my fave one is his imitation of a pig. It's a very unique "oink"! But the one we hear the most is "neigh neigh". Beware! If he sees your leg is sitting still, I can almost guarntee that he'll climb right on it and say "neigh neigh" to ride a horse.
  • Surprisingly, Benjamin is going to time out more often these days. He really likes to hit Dixie and pull ME's hair. The one bad thing is that he'll put himself in time out on his own. He points to the spot and say "mout" and then will sit there with a sad pout on his face. But regardless if he was in "mout" on purpose or not, he knows he is always to go up to the person that he got in trouble with and tell them sorry...he gives a hug instead. Too cute!

No comments: