Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Random thoughts on a Saturday morning

I'm really big on having breakfast every morning, but I'm really bad about doing the same thing everyday (breakfast bar for ME, chocolate Slim-Fast shake for me~the blender kind=a chocolate delicious treat first thing in the morning, and fruit and cereal for Ben, and Drew is on his own). But this morning @ 6:30 a.m., I was not feeling any of it! So I decided to load up the kids and take them to McD's for some yummo Hot Cakes. This so took me back to my childhood. If there's one thing that I remember about my Granny (my Dad's mom), she didn't cook. Can you believe that...with 2 boys? But she knew (or at least she thought that's what we wanted) what snacks to have around when we were at her house-Frito's, a can of bean dip, and Dr. Pepper. Sound tasty? And then when Brant and I spent the night at her house, she would always take us to McDonald's for breakfast. As I was cutting up the pancakes for Ben and ME this morning, I was remembering how Granny would always cut up my pancakes for me before the syrup was all soaked up. I'm glad I got to share that moment with them this morning...and that they liked it just as much as I did! On another note...Mr. Benjamin has decided that he's a big boy. What?!?! He took 2 steps this morning. Yikes! Yeah! Oh no! Wow! He's been working on standing up for a few seconds by himself, and then the past few days, he has taken one step a couple of times. But I thought it was more because of gravity. Nope, gravity was not the case this morning! He stood up from a sitting position and then took 2 steps toward me! Not just once...twice! Am I ready for this? My little princess is almost completely potty-trained and now my little rugrat is about to start walking. Bittersweet morning in the Dees household. Read...Sniff! Sniff! Yeah!...mixed emotions!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Ben you can't already be walking - what a big boy you are! Erin I'm glad you got to share McD's breakfast with your kids - I can see Granny smiling now!