Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, December 26, 2009

What a great day!

Our baby girl is 2 years old now!!! So I guess I really can't call her a baby anymore can I? And I had to change the title of my blog from "Two Under Two" to "The Best of Both Worlds".

Because I am determined that ME never get jipped with having a birthday so close to Christmas, she basically gets to celebrate all week long! Or at least she thinks she gets to anyway. A week later, and I'm still hearing "find more presents", "eat tupcake" (cupcake), or "my party". It doesn't help that her birthday Christmas tree and birthday banner are still up, too.

Since Mary Elizabeth is obsessed with penguins, we had a penguin-themed party at The Wonder Place. Drew takes her there everyone once in a while and she loves to play with the water table. As soon as we pulled up, she literally screamed on top of her lungs "Water! Water! Water!" Needless to say, she had a great time as I'm sure everyone else did too. Here are some of the pictures from the fun day:
Sign on the front door @ TWP.
Another year...another candle...
Play time:

ME showing Will how to play with the water table "correctly".

Maybe you'll get to play next year, Benjamin!

Mason and ME probably getting into trouble.
ME and her puppy that she took everywhere.
" I don't wanna grow up!" ME decided she wanted to sit in the baby's table instead.
Weee!
Art time:

Is this a kid-project or is it for the adults?


" We want to make a penguin, too!"


A true work of art soon to be worth millions!

Present time:


Cake time:
" I am soooo not impressed with your 'Happy Birthday' singing!"

Night-night time:

It's my party and I'll sleep if I want to!


The birthday princess on her actual birthday.

Thank you to everyone that helped us celebrate Mary Elizabeth's birthday throughout the week! She is so lucky to be loved by so many!!!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

What a great 2 years we've had! ME you are the most delightful little girl - you make Dandy & I laugh all the time even when you aren't with us - you have enriched our lives immeasurably! Happy Birthday big girl!