Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Break has come and gone

Sadly, the break is over. But I completely enjoyed my time with my sweet babies and family! We enjoyed our lazy days (even though they still started around 6:30 AM) and days of just being silly. I learned a little more about what Benjamin's cries mean, like he gets really fussy right before he falls asleep. And the second after ME turned 2, she completely grew up and turned into a 10- year-old. We pretty much didn't go anywhere except for the holiday events, but I never got bored because I all of a sudden could carry on somewhat full conversations with ME. I was blown away! We watched lots of Dora, Diego, and Christmas movies like Dora's Christmas Carol (aka in our house as "Pretty Dora") and Disney's Once Upon a Christmas (aka "Big Goofy" in our house). I don't think we're ever going to be able to delete those from our DVR either. We also had several art times with water paint, crayons, and paint from Santa. What fun! I think the most exciting thing for me, though, was that ME teeteed on the potty the day after she turned 2! The best part was that she initiated it all on her own!!! I cheered and cried after she did it...I know that's pathetic! She hasn't done it again, but we're making progress!!!
Below are pictures of ME's arttime. I put the cardboard down so she wouldn't "make a mess" with the little snowman picture. After I saw that she was doing a good job, I walked away to put the clothes in the dryer. When I returned, this is what progressed...

She gets to paint with her feet and hands at school so she decided to do that at home, too.

She was so messy that the bath water changed colors!

We had so much fun doing this and making the mess, that she did it a few other times during the break. One day she got creative and used 2 colors. I love it!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

She is quite the little artist, SO CUTE!