Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Can I just sleep in???

The DREADED day of going back to work is tomorrow and I would love to sleep it away as well as the rest of the year. I feel like I just talked about this yesterday after having Mary Elizabeth, too, and the feeling isn't any easier the 2nd time around. I think that it should be totally illegal for mothers to have to work after just having a baby! I've heard that some countries actually allow mothers to go on maternity leave for a year, so I think I'm moving to wherever that is.

I ask that you pray for me to have patience for those sweet kids at my school and that I'm able to show them much needed love even though I really want to be at home loving on my own kiddos and that I'm able to stay awake the entire day! I also pray that I am able to manage balancing being a good mother as well as a teacher and not let any of the children from either of those two jobs feel my stress!

Even though I probably haven't shown it in a loooooong time, I always try to be optimistic about everything. At least I've been told that I've had this quality since junior high. So the positive thing for going back to work before Christmas Break, which wasn't my plan, is that it will be only for 12 days. So I guess I should sing "The 12 Days of Christmas" everyday on my way to work while enjoying my yummy chocolate goodies that my sweet friend, Anna Carol, just brought me at 11:30 p.m.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Picture Books said...

Praying for you! Hoping your first couple of days back went well! The Lord will see you through it. By the way I LOVE Benjamin's birth announcement! Precious boy, I still think he looks like you :-) love you!!