Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flashback to two years ago...

So I went to the doc for my first exam today only to find out what I could have already guessed. If you kept up with my pregnancy from last time, I bet you can you guess, too. I haven't dilated! Actually, he said that I'm almost a one, but that was pretty much stretching it.


Between the drs. appt. today and waking up yesterday morning and saying "Oh my" after seeing my belly in the mirror, I'm having a feeling that I'm going to experience a delivery (or at least the beginning process) similar to ME's. Somehow, Little Peanut keeps going up rather than down. Now I know I'm not a doctor and don't care much about science, but isn't the baby NOT supposed to come out throught the mouth??? It's funny to see my profile right now because the top of my belly is very torpedo-like, whereas the bottom part is squishy. However, in the eyes of my 3rd graders, I look like I've gotten skinny, even though they didn't approve of my meant-to-be-wrinkled shirt that I wore today. :) Gotta love kids! They can give you a compliment one second, then destroy your image the next.



I start going to my weekly visits next week probably to keep finding out that my cervix is still too high and that I haven't dilated. But my doctor thinks that Little Peanut is facing down already, so that's good.



The famous preggers question for this point in pregnancy:

Are you ready?

My answer is this...

I'm physically ready because I feel I'm running out of room and out of breath, but I'm not mentally ready and want to be able to take as much time off as possible after the baby comes. But Dr. S wants me to have Little Peanut early because he said he'll be out of town the week that I'm due and he'll be sad if he misses me as I will, too! Guess we'll just have to wait and see what God plans.

No comments: