Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm a 1!

I just got back from the doctor and am happy to say that I have actually dilated to 1cm!!! I know that this really doesn't mean anything and that I could be at this stage for a long time, but this is progress compared to when I was pregnant with ME. Other good news is that I didn't gain any weight from last week and that Little Peanut has dropped out of my ribcage! Here's a picture to help you visualize my lower belly. :)

So all in all, I had a good visit. His heartbeat was in the 140s today, which is still good, and he's about the size of a Swiss chard (whatever that is). Dr. S is predicting that I'll still be delivering right around Oct. 13, although he said he wouldn't mind doing it this weekend considering he's oncall. Physically, I'm ready to get this baby out. But I'm not mentally ready just because I have a few things left to do around the house that I would really like to finish before Little Peanut's debut. Luckily, I have finally hit the "nesting" phase and actually have found some energy. I even stayed up until midnight two nights ago to work on things because I was on a roll!

No comments: