Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, November 6, 2011

An update to the ending of Halloween and my sweet girl

As we were walking back home from trick-or-treating, an ambulance and fire truck came zooming into our neigborhood. Lo and behold, after they both took a wrong turn, they finally pulled right up next to our neighbor's house. Of course, Benjamin was beside himself and kept saying "woo woo, woo woo" and fighting me as I was trying to take the kids inside. ME, on the other hand, had no desire to be near the loud noises and didn't fight me one bit about going inside. But I finally convinced ME to go sit in my lap outside so Benjamin could watch the fire truck and ambulance, but she just sat in my lap and kept saying, "I don't like it!" So I told her that maybe we could pray and ask God to keep us safe from the loud noises and to make our neighbor all better. Then as serious as can be, ME turned and looked at me (with her hands over her ears still) and said, "Mom, we're not in bed. You have to be in bed to pray." Ha!

Anyway, it turns out that our neighbor was moving some furniture, fell, and then hit her head. She's "all better now" as ME says! After I talked to our neighbor the next day, I told ME that she was better. As soon as I told her that, her eyes grew 2 sizes bigger and said "Because I prayed for her?" Don't you love my sweet girl? :)

Several days have passed since all of this has happened, but ME hasn't forgotten and still asks about Ms. Cindy. Today when we got home from school, she wanted to draw a picture for Ms. Cindy. She's totally into writing and drawing people these days.
Do you know Ms. Cindy? :)
The top says "We love you".
I LOVE my daughter's sweet heart!!!

No comments: