Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving School Feast

Both of the kids have been learning about Thanksgiving this week at school. They've been talking about everything from pilgrims and indians, to turkeys, and what they're thankful for. In Mary Elizabeth's class, each student took turns saying what they're thankful for...
Davis: "I'm thankful for God and turkey to eat on Thanksgiving."
ME: "I'm thankful for cows with no any grown-ups to walk with on the sidewalk. Big cows." Because she told me that she can walk the cows all by herself.
What I'm thankful for, though, is some great room parents at my own school that were so willing to watch my class so that I could run up to Benjamin and ME's Thanksgiving Feasts at their school! I LOVE to get to watch my babies interact with their friends! And I loved seeing both of their looks of excitement when they saw me since I didn't tell them that I was coming. :)
Benjamin was so proud to show me where he was sitting.
Benjamin had no problem trying all of the yummy food.
One of my two favorite reasons to be thankful for life is sitting right in my arms.
Benjamin was so proud of his turkey placemat that the made with his cute little handprints that he didn't want to let it go.
ME's feast was right after Benjamin's, which worked out perfectly for my schedule! I helped take Benjamin back to his room after his feast and laid him down for his nap, which was torture to both him and me because he did not want to me to leave.

ME's table setting for her feast.


ME's class shared their feast with another class. They took turns "parading down the hall" toward the cafeteria. ME and her classmates were the indians, while the kids in the other class were the pilgrims. As soon as ME's class walked out, she was sooooo excited the second she saw me! She's the one in the white shirt in the doorway jumping up and down.

Indian Davis

I love this expression on her face. That's her "I'm really proud of something" face. In this case, it was the fact that I was right across the table from her with the other mommies. :)



The 3 boys and ME are trouble! The first two are Jonathan and Davis (apparently both of her boyfriends) and cutie-patootie John Hardin who always puts me in my place.

Waiting to see what's going to be served.

The other half of my two favorite reasons to be thankful for life sitting in my arms.

My bestie, Sarah and her friend, made this adorable outfit. Isn't ME a ham?

No comments: