Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break 2011

I didn't do anything totally crazy or totally fun for Spring Break, but I sooooooo enjoyed my break!!! And even though I wasn't wild and crazy, I can now check off another item on my "bucket list"....my mom and I finally went to Lake Village to shop at Paul Michaels. I must say it is big, but it was definitely not worth a special trip just to go shopping. Plus there's nothing else down there. So we decided since we were in South Arkansas, we figured we would venture around elsewhere, so we "hopped" over to downtown El Dorado to see what At Home in Arkansas is always promoting. The ads that they put in their magazine for this small little "boomtown" are always so cute, but I can honestly say that advertising is a powerful tool! Yes, the downtown was cute, but there's not much too it. At least my mom and I can say that we've now been there and done that, plus we got to spend some quality time together sans kids!


I found one of the red phonebooth that are always found in the El Dorado ads.

While my mom and I were exploring South Arkansas, the kids spent the day at the zoo with VeVe. ME finally got to see the Penguin Exhibit! She's reminded several times since then that the zoo has "Lauren the Penguin" (actually it's Laura) and two elephants...Mary and Ellen.
The rest of Spring Break was spent just "chillaxin'", as Drew says, with my two favorite kiddos.

Benjamin got some puppy love time in with Dixie.

We went shopping at Mary Elizabeth's Target (as she calls it). She loves that they get to sit next to each other even when Benjamin is sleeping.



We even went to Krispy Kreme. ME was very insistent on wearing her pj's, too. Who cares? It's breakfast time!



Benjamin was probably wondering why I've never taken him to Krispy Kreme until now. He kept taking bites and saying "Mmmm!"

We explored through the bookstore and ME realized that there's a stage there. The stage is not for reading, though,...it's for dancing, of course.


This just might be Benjamin's new favorite place to go. He took a beeline to the truck books section. I wish you could've heard him shouting "truck, truck" in his gruff voice and making the truck noise. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!


Are you surprised that ME is holding a Dora book?


Last, but not least, we made time for the park (and it is also called "ME's park", in case you were wondering) with some friends.

How long will this playing together thing last between siblings? Can I make it be forever?!?! ME and Davis had such a hard time figuring out how to push Miller, but they had fun anyway.

Did you know that I have a very BRAVE boy?!?! This slide has actually become "too small" for him. He prefers the "scare your momma because I'm way up high by myself" slide these days.



ME even showed off some more of her independence during Spring Break. When we got back home from church that Sunday, this was her first thing to do on her to-do-list.


Is that an old picture of me or is that ME?
How many of you can do this?

"It's not hard, Mommy!"

No comments: