Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


I know this is sort of late considering Dr. Seuss' birthday was the beginning of March, but it's better late than never. Even though their school really didn't do anything for Dr. Seuss' birthday, I had to show off the kids' shirts anyway.
The cutest Thing 2 I've ever seen...although he's really my Thing 1 boy!
ME was proud of her One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish shirt.



Fast forward to a few weeks after the author's birthday, Drew and I took the kids to the Dr. Seuss exhibit in the Clinton Library. The whole way to the museum, ME kept saying she didn't want to go because she didn't want to go see "Cafferine the Hat". But as you can see from the pics, she really enjoyed it (although I think Drew and I really liked it more than the kids)!
How happy am I? Holding one of fave little people and standing next to probably my two most favorite characters of all time! I'm just going to tell myself that the reason Benjamin isn't smiling is because he was taking it all in. Ha!

Future President? ME's standing in front of the replica of Clinton's Oval Office (insert all of which I ordered back in my design days working for Kaki Hockersmith).



I couldn't understand why she was so anti-Cat in the Hat until we left. When we drove away, she said, "Hey Mom! We didn't see 'Cafferine the Hat'". I told her that we did and reminded her that we took pictures next to him. Then she told me and Drew that it wasn't the real one, it was just pretend. So we figured out that she didn't want to see the mascot walking around. Ha! I love kids' descriptions.

No comments: