Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, May 31, 2010

Papa is 85-years-young

A few weeks ago, my family and I headed back to Texas to celebrate my Papa's 85th birthday. What a great time and a milestone! I just love getting together with my family and getting to hear all of the stories that Papa has to tell of when he played softball, when he was in WWII, or whatever other random story from the past he can remember (which is way better than my memory now)! I just hate that I don't get to see all of my cousins more often like we used to growing up.

I guess the baker decided to change the spelling of Papa's name.


I love that McKenzie is starting to let her little personality shine around other people more. But, seriously, how could you ever hide your excitement from Papa?

These tired babies had the best seats in the house...in Lil and Mamaw Sue's laps.

Even though not everyone from our family was able to make it, the great-grandkids represented (sillyness, tiredness, and every other possible form included). :)



The grandkids, minus 3. At least me and Brant were both able to make it from AR!


The kids (all with eyes open)!


I just love this sweet picture of "Muh-tenzie" and Uncle Bebo!

I love how kids make you do the silliest things! Everyone had to follow Ethan in the field.
ME loves her "Choo-choo Papa" just as much as I do.

Lil got to show ME her rabbit and birds again while we were in Texas. ME loved 'em!

I'm really surprised that I made it back with Benjamin! I thought that Lil was going to keep him...it's just too bad we don't live closer!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Fun times! Glad we got to share this milestone with Papa!