Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, May 10, 2010

It's chocolate milk!

Even though I never actually heard the words "Happy Mother's Day" from my precious babies, I know they meant it. "It's chocolate milk" also means the same thing as "Happy Mother's Day". Drew told Mary Elizabeth to tell me Happy Mother's Day at the same time that I gave her a cup of chocolate milk. I interpretted the thanks from the excitement in her voice when she realized what I gave her. Just seeing Ben's sweet dimples and arms and legs flap around when he sees me and hearing ME's excitement in her voice over chocolate milk is thanks enough. :)
We...err...uh...they had a rather restful weekend (lying on my side of the bed on Friday morning while I'm getting ready for work at 5:30 A.M.). Can't you just feel the sister/brother love?

Ben decided to give me a few minutes to myself and fell asleep in his Daddy's arms. How sweet!

Last Friday, ME's daycare teacher invited all of the mommies to a "Mommy and Me" picnic for their lunch. I was so thrilled that my principal allowed me to take a long lunch break to be able to do this. She said my only requirement was to take pictures. No problem!

Since I had to wait for someone to cover my class, I was the last mommy to get to daycare. I felt like such a horrible mom when I walked onto the playground and found her sitting by the teacher without a lunch while all of her other classmates were with their mommies. But everything was better when she saw me and realized that I brought her a Happy Meal. Then the chocolate milk went all down her dress. Me, ME, and her two Happy Meal "dawbies" (aka Barbies). Is this the beginning of ME about to share my interest in Barbies?

It was so cute to see her interact with her classmates! While I was still eating, she wanted to show me everything that she could do. I kept hearing "Hey, Mom! Watch me!"
We spent the rest of the weekend pretty much around the house. I guess ME realized I needed some help around the house.



We attempted to spend all day Saturday in big-girl panties (obviously I'm talking about ME and not me). But one time while she sat on the potty, she heard Ben crying and thought that she needed to check on him for me. I love the help that I get around the house!
On Sunday, I was supposed to teach the 2-year-old Sunday School class, but once I got there I had a better offer. A dad offered to teach my class and allowed me to go help in ME's room. Ben was still at home with Drew. Then I sat through a really good sermon about being responsible for teaching our children their faith. It was a great lesson to be reminded of. After church, we had lunch with VeVe, then that night we had what was supposed to be dessert at McAlister's with LaLa and Dandy. Did you know that McAlister's doesn't serve their awesome desserts anymore? Luckily, Shake's is right next door. So Dandy took ME to get ice cream over there.

Dandy said he ordered her a "simple" dessert. Luckily she did go to bed when we got home!
Ben had to taste LaLa's present before we could give it to her. I guess it tasted all right. :)
All in all, I had a pretty good Mother's Day. I feel very fortunate that I am blessed with such amazing kids! I look forward to many more wonderful days with the both of them and I pray that Drew and I are both able to be positive examples of faith for them as they grow up. I hope that all of you moms had a wonderful "chocolate milk" day, too!

No comments: