Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Relatives Came

I felt that this book's title was fitting for this blogpost. We've had several relatives come over the past month, we've gone to see some relatives, and more are coming today.
During Spring Break, my Aunt Vicki, Uncle Bobo, and cousin Allie came to hang out and meet Benjamin. ME loves her Allie! And I think if I wasn't watching, Vicki would've probably packed Ben in her suitcase.
Bedazzled boots (aka stingray skin) are the newest trend (according to my dad's store) and ME had to model for everyone. Allie is filling ME in on the newest technology.
Do brothers ever stop picking on each other?
My mom and I took the kids along with Vicki and Allie to the Big Dam Bridge. These three were fascinated with the barge going through the dam.
Ben wasn't that impressed that he was on top of the world's largest pedestrian bridge. :)
Do you notice something in her hair? She's been letting me put it up occassionally these days! Yeah! Oh, and this is ME's new pose these days. Not sure what that's about.

The next weekend, Papa and Lil came for Easter. We took them to Peabody Hotel to watch the ducks. If you've never seen it either in Little Rock or Memphis, you should do it at least once. My Papa said it was the best thing they've done in a long time.
Was this egg laid for Easter?

ME never gets tired of watching the ducks. And Ben was pretty fascinated to see all of them waddle around. I wish I took my video camera. ME was mimicking the ducks swim...pretty cute!

After the ducks, we rode the trolley. ME for some reason, really wanted to ride a bus with Papa during Christmas, but we never got to. So this worked just fine. Both of the kiddos loved looking out the windows!

They loved looking at the "Choo choo Papa," too!
The next weekend, my mom and I took the kids to Dallas for my Uncle Carl's funeral. Not that a funeral is ever a happy occassion, but it provided us a great opportunity to see relatives that we hadn't seen a long time and ones that we just saw one to two weeks ago. While my mom and I went to the service, Aunt Vicki and Uncle Bobo kept the kids. I know they all had a great time. Thanks Vicki and Ricky for doing that! I think I still have some rocks in ME's clothes. :)
After we went to the service, we stopped by my newlywed cousin Blake's house in Dallas.
ME loved their dog, Cali!
ME even helped Bobo and Blake do a little yard work.
"Are you sure you need to cut that limb, Bobo?"
Then we drove to McKinney to see my other cousin Leslie and her boys.
Ben and Tristan could be such great buds!
Why do I keep trying group shots of kids?
Me, Ben, a very tired ME, Ethan, Leslie, and Tristan
Before we headed back to Little Rock, we stopped by Lil's house to see my Papa's bunny and her birds. The kids loved that bunny!
Yes, we got in the rabbit's cage with the rabbit.
Ben had to tell Lala about that rabbit. He was "talkin' up a storm!"
Ben's really into people's faces these days, so he had to check out Papa's face.
I just love this picture! Two of my most favorite guys!


ME and Lil trying to get Pete to talk. A few weeks later, and ME is still talking about the talking bird.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

What great fun we had with all the relatives! Wish they were all closer so we could do this more often. Ben & Mary Elizabeth you were great travelers and sightseeing partners - thanks for sharing such special times!