Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day and Pharoahs?

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there! I may be biased, but I am so thankful to have the most wonderful daddy (and mom, too). After having taught in the area of town that I have for the past 5 years and seeing a lack of fatherhood in most of my student's lives, I feel so blessed to have such an awesome daddy. He is such a hard worker and has one of the biggest hearts for a man. I love that I have such supportive parents and that my dad was always able to make it to my dance recitals, spelling bees, school parties and then help me with any of my projects that required an artistic skill. Don't get me wrong, my mom is just as wonderful, but I know that there are so many that don't even know their dads. I love that my dad has never been ashamed to tell me that he loves me, that he cried when he and my mom left me for college and when I told him that I was pregnant both times. It takes a real man to show his tears! I truly am blessed to have such a loving daddy and am so happy that he loves Mary Elizabeth, Benjamin, and my niece McKenzie just as much, if not more!

Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the kids with Drew, or of me with my dad from today because it seemed like we all had different sleep schedules. We (me and the kids) started the day early and let Drew sleep in. After he woke up, he did some yard work, then we went to the Pharaohs exhibit at the Arts Center. This was a great idea, but here's a piece of advice if you take your kids...make sure they've had a nap!!! ME fell asleep just as we exited off the highway! I just prayed the whole time that we were in the exhibit that we weren't going home with a mummy because of our little girl running into it. Ha! Benjamin really just liked seeing his shadow in the display cases and wanted so badly to just crawl around. Even though the kids weren't quite cooperating, I just love that Drew tries to make art an important part of their life! Maybe the next time we go see an exhibit, though, it will be more kid-oriented.
If you haven't made time to go see the exhibit, you should! The mummies are surprisingly cool!

No comments: