Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ben plus eight

My pumpkin is now eight-months-old and has lots of stuff to add to his list.
  • He already has 3 teeth! This blows my mind, considering ME didn't even get one until almost nine months!
  • He finally started crawling on June 5 (luckily, the day after he quit going to his nanny, who was also keeping my mobile niece)! I'm so proud of him for figuring this out because he was soooo determined weeks before and would get so frustrated. I just don't know if I'm ready for 2 mobile kids to keep up with this summer...I've already lost 3 pounds since I've been out of school since last Tuesday!
  • He moved up to stage 2 in baby foods. So far, I think he's just anti-baby carrots. But who can blame him? Have you smelled these nasty jarred foods? I think I'm moving on to making his food for him this summer. He's tried a few real foods (blueberries, cherrios, and puffs) and has done all right with them, so I'm anxious to see if he won't be nearly as picky as ME has been.
  • He still talks and smiles all the time! Really just as long as you don't leave him alone in a room...I think he's going to be my social bug.
  • Not only does he have an infectious smile, he now has an infectious giggle! I know he'll hate me for comparing him to a girl when he's older but it's the only way for me to describe his giggle in words. It like a group of teenage girls giggling. It truly is great medicine for the soul!
  • He's very nosy and will practically do a back bend while you're holding him just so he can see what's going on. Or if there is a stick, or any tiny piece of trash that can't see, I promise he will find it for you to put in his mouth.
  • And he loves sticking out his tongue (really while talking). I think he's going to be able to touch the tip of his nose with his tongue, just like me. :)

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Big Ben! What a shining light in our lives you are. So proud of all the eight month achievements you've mastered - thanks for brining a smile to my face and my heart everytime I see you!