Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break

Two weeks ago, ME and I enjoyed a much needed Spring Break. We didn't do anything too big, but we had a big time with everything that we did. :) To start it off, my sweet husband did all of the laundry that Saturday. That was much appreciated so I could spend more time with ME and work on my projects!
Sunday:
First, we had a celebration lunch for our family friend, Greg. He accepted Jesus Christ into his heart, so we had lunch at LaLa and Grandy's after his Baptism. No pictures of Greg, but I had to show this cute dress that Daddy Mike bought her. The weather was finally nice to wear Spring dresses; unfortunately, this is the only Spring dress we had.

This is her "airplane" that she and Grandy do.


Since the weather was actually nice that day, we drove to Wye Mtn. to attempt another photo shoot before all of the daffodils wilted. Let's just say that this year's trip wasn't much better than the two trips last year!

The best pictures! Check it out...she has hair that can blow in the wind!


What a lady! She always has her legs crossed.

In honor of the words of Seinfeld: "These daffodils are making me thirsty!"



Get me outta here!

Monday:
She discovered that drinking and driving don't mix. She finally figured out how to go forward on her Walk 'n Ride, but she hasn't figured out how to carry her drink while she's driving. For about 30 minutes, she stayed occupied with trying to place the bottle on the seat, then trying to get on it herself, then figuring out that the bottle was in her way, then putting the bottle on the ground, then getting on and realizing she couldn't reach the bottle. Did you get that? I'm sure she was thinking "Ugh!" I was thinking that I wish I had my video camera ready!

Friday:
Drew took off early to enjoy a little Spring Break with us. We took ME to The Wonder Place. What a fun place to entertain a kid and just watch them explore!
She loved the tunnels and slides!


Hey, that's Daddy down there!

Where did Daddy go?

Our 1st smock for the water table. A little too big!
This smock is just my size. I'm ready for some fun now!

Look closely...the water is NOT going back into the water tub. Instead, ME took an "early bath."

Just a tip for those that haven't experienced the water table yet: a smock is POINTLESS! Bring extra clothes!!!


Saturday:
We celebrated Carson's 2nd birthday at Parkway Place. We had tons of fun crawling through the slides! Thanks, Molly, for inviting us!
ME is waiting so patiently for her yummy piece of "Patty Cake". The birthday boy is at the top in the orange shirt. (Picture stolen from Anna Carol)ME and all the boys. Megan was there, but we don't have any pix of her.

Another day of wet clothes. The lid on her sippy cup wasn't completely on. Thanks Cameron! J/K! She didn't mind!
Mason and ME playing in the doghouse.

After the party, we hung out the rest of the day with the Atkins. Davis and ME had fun with screaming contests and bouncing on the steps. I have a stinkin' cute video of them, but still can't figure out how to post it.

Arkansas weather is C-R-A-Z-Y! One day, it's absolutely gorgeous, the next is absolutely freezing!

I can't believe that she let me put Davis' hat on her head! She hates for things to be on her head.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

What a fun kid she is! It is so amazing to me how much she grows everytime I see her - maybe next year Wye Mountain will be a better trip!