Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

16 weeks and 2 days

That's how long I've had this "avocado" inside of me (that's the food comparison this week)! Or as most would say, that's how far along I am. I just got back from my Dr. visit and everything seemed to be just fine. Go figure, since I have to make my appts. for the afternoon, I always plan on sitting in the waiting room for a long time. So I took a bunch of school work to do. As soon as I got there, I found out that Dr. S has been in a c-section all afternoon and the nurse told me I'll probably have to wait for a while. Luckily, I was prepared. However, as soon as I sat down and got to my work, they called me back. Isn't that Murphy's Law or something? So I guess I need to always plan on sitting for a while to speed things up.



OK, so here's my baby update:


  • My weight gain: I've only gained 6 pounds since last visit (total 14 pounds since my 1st visit). Since you're supposed to gain 2lbs./week, that means I still have 2 more lbs. to catch up with...bring on the doughnuts or something! Honestly, I don't know how I haven't gained more than just 6 lbs. this time considering my appetite! If you're wondering, my hunger factor still hasn't slowed down; in fact, I woke up around 4 a.m. anxiously waiting for my alarm to go off at 6 a.m. just so I could eat breakfast. Sad, I know!

  • Baby's heartbeat: High 140s-low150s. I'm not going to predict if that's a sign for boy or girl as all of the wives tales showed boy last time.

That's it for now. We have our ultrasound scheduled for the end of May. According to Drew, Momma did it her way last time, so we're doing it Daddy's way this time and finding out! Maybe the baby will be breech at that time like ME was. Hmmm.

No comments: