Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sweet 16...

months that is! Our baby girl is getting closer to not being a baby girl anymore! Part of me says that with sadness and the other part is with happiness. We're having more and more fun with her everyday. Drew and I keep recapping the new things that she can do from day to day. For example, just last night, I noticed that she sucked her bedtime bottle dry. So I asked her if she wanted more...instead of answering me, she walked to the door, held up her bottle to the knob (like open the now), then "sprint-airplaned" to the refrigerator. I LOVE that she can comprehend things, even though she can't quite talk full sentences yet. k to us yet.

Things she's into:

  • She's loved purses and playing with my makeup for a while. As you can see in the picture above, she has 2 purses (one on each arm). I was cleaning out my closets this weekend and pulled out a few purses. Well, instead of making it into the Goodwill pile, Miss Priss drags them around the house with her. We have about 5 purses lying around the house now! As for the makeup, she watches me put it on every morning while she's eating her breakfast and throws a hissy fit if she doesn't get to put on any eye shadow.
  • Unfortunately, she has gotten back into the habit of saying "No-no!" The cool thing is that it now makes since when she uses the phrase.
  • I'm not sure Dixie appreciates this, but ME likes to put the dog food bites into her water bowl every morning. (Can you tell that our morning routines run smoothly? Ha!)

New words:

  • Purple, yup, Mo Mo (my parents dog)

1 comment:

LaLa said...

I love that she is getting to be such a big independent girl - but I'm kind of sad too - I miss my sweet little cuddly girl - but her hugs and kisses that she freely gives are sure special and fun also.