Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Day

OK, now that testing is over at school, I finally have a little of my physical energy back. I swear that you walk at least 1,000 miles by the end of the week from walking around the classroom and monitoring the students! I think it's even tougher, though, being pregnant and not getting to sit down, or in my case, eat!

I took this picture after I posted about the Easter Egg Hunt. Notice that her legs are still crossed even when sleeping on her stomach. I love it -- a lady at all times!


Anyway...let me catch you up from Easter. Even though we had a monsoon on Easter, it was still a great day. I volunteered to work in the church nursery that morning and I was lucky enough to be in ME's room and watch her interact with all of the other kids (err...boys. Are there not any girls in this town that are her age?!?!) I was proud of the fact that she was "Miss Independent". Miss Helen in the nursery always tells me how sweet she is, but I've always wondered if she just said that to everyone. But I soon figured it out because everytime a kid cried, ME just looked at them like what's wrong with you and get over it! ME was into her own thing the whole time.


After church and Drew "swam" to get the car, we had lunch with mine and Drew's family. Although we didn't get to hunt for eggs, she still had fun pulling them out of the basket and digging into her mac 'n cheese. Note to self: Food tastes much better when eaten with the hands!

This dress was handmade by Drew's uncle's mom. It has been passed down through several of his cousins. Isn't it sweet?

She loved her Easter basket, especially the fish. She didn't care what else was in there except for the fish (aka Nemo).

A rare family photo op!


Our very own Easter ham.

2 comments:

Molly said...

If you're looking for girls ME's age you should be at my church. Most of the kids in Carson's class are girls. There are like 2 boys...including him. She looked precious!

LaLa said...

My favorite Easter Bunny! What a cutie!