Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You say it's your birthday, it's my birthday, too, yeah!

OK, now that I got that Beatle's song out of my head and onto my blog, I bet you can't guess what I'm blogging about. Ha! The past few weekends have included birthday parties for more of ME's boy friends (yes, she's still limited in having many girl friends). The funny thing is that ME was saying we were going to her pink party for each of her friends. I finally figured out what she was talking about after I explained to her whose parties we were going to by showing her pictures on the blog from last year's parties. Then she changed her response and said she was going to Mason's purple party and "Tarson's" green party. I'm not sure why she chose purple for Mason, but she was referring to the birthday banners. I love that my daughter is so obsessed with color! She has to tell me and Drew every morning what color everyone in our house has on, including Dixie.


Mason's 2nd Birthday
Mason got a swingset for his bday, so he had a monkey-themed party. Monkey decor was everywhere from the columns on the back porch, to the cupcakes, and bananas as balloon weights. I even had a monkey outfit for Benjamin.

Since we were going to a bday party, ME insisted on wearing her "tuptake big socks" (aka cupcake tights) and her party dress. I love that she really thought about what she wanted to wear!Anna Carol wanted to wait for Jarrod to get the videocamera before we got cupcakes, but Mason had a different idea!

Isn't it obvious that these cupcakes were delicious?

Hmmm...I wonder who's daughter this is! ME had the option of choosing a vanilla or chocolate cupcake. I promise I didn't have anything to do with her decision! Poor Benjamin! It was a little too cool for him since he wasn't running around with everyone else. Thanks, Molly, for keeping him warm!

Carson's 3rd Birthday

Carson had his party at his church that has a wonderful slide and tunnel playset. His theme was the movie Cars. What an easy theme for decor! The cake, invites and thank you notes, cups and plates all had something from the Cars movie. Benjamin was even dressed for the occassion...his outfit had racecars on it!

ME loved her party favor! She didn't want to put it down to go play in the tunnels.
I think I was the only parent that actually crawled through the tunnels. So I tried to get pcitures of most of the kids. Man, I was so sore the next few days after that!
Megan

ME preferred the tunnels over the slide.

Mason
A very happy birthday boy, Carson

Ben's version of partying! He loved Carson's Aunt Kelly! .

Will and Carson
The kids loved helping Carson open his presents!

As always, Molly's mom made a delicious and precious Cars cake. Davis definitely enjoyed it!
Going for the icing only. This is definitely my child!

Who's child is this? If anyone knows me at all, they know that I practically won't even touch fruit. ME recognized these red, ripe strawberries from the book The Big, Hungry Bear, and ate every bite of it!

No comments: