Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, March 1, 2010

Another milestone for Benjamin!

We finally introduced Benjamin to rice cereal tonight! It's only taken about 2 weeks to do this, but we did it! Things are just somehow a little different now that we have 2 little people that we have to tend to. Ha! It seemed that everytime I would think about preparing Benjamin's cereal, he started his fussy-tired cry and fall asleep, or ME would need me or Drew to do something and I didn't want to give Ben his first bite without the camera in his face.

So I thought tonight would be perfect because Benjamin was in a good mood and I thought all of ME's needs were met at the moment. Well, without getting too detailed...don't try potty training a 2-year-old at the same time you introduce a new food to a baby! But after I took care of ME's "brown mess" (in her words), Drew held the camera in Ben's face and we got to enjoy Ben's first bites of rice cereal. I'm pretty sure that we are going to have a good eater on our hands with him! Although he didn't quite get the hang of what to do with it when the cereal first entered his mouth, he wanted more than the doctor's recommendation. But I didn't give in.

What is that green thing flying toward my mouth?
My first bite.

It's not too bad!


Hey, this isn't pasta like Mommy and Daddy's dinner! Don't you think he looks like Daddy Mike in the eyes in this picture?

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Ben - what a big boy! Just wait until you get to the good stuff - like chocolate!