Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is here!

Drew is a little "under the weather" right now and since yesterday was the first day of Spring, my mom and I took the kiddos to Wye Mtn. to see the daffodils before they got destroyed from the rain last night. Let's just say that Benjamin did way better this trip than ME ever has out of the 3 trips that we've taken there in the past. I think I'll be more successful at getting a decent picture of ME maybe when she has kids of her own! She didn't throw a fit like any of the other times, but she just did not want to sit still for a pose. Ugh!

I forgot to mention in Benjamin's 5-month post that he loves to put anything in his mouth these days...daffodils were no exception!

This was about as cooperative that Miss Munchkin was the entire time. I think this pic turned out pretty sweet, though (even if Mr. B's bald head is poking in the background). :)

"Seriously, girls? You expect me to sit in a bunch of flowers and smile?"

My mom and I agreed that a camcoder would have been more beneficial this trip. ME was more interested in running around in a circle around one patch of stems rather than posing. At least she was happy, right?
Here's my attempt of trying to get a picture of the two of them together. We were trying to get them to look at the camera, but ME thought we wanted her to try to get Ben's attention with us.
"Seriously, I'm not going to smile about these flowers!"

"But they sure taste good!"
Another action shot of ME. We told her to turn around...she took it literal. She actually turned around in circles rather than turning to look at the camera. Ha!
I'm not sure why this picture won't turn around, but I loved it when Benjamin was lying down. This is one of the better ones until...
...someone wanted to lay down with him. The problem was that ME wanted to take off her shoes before she laid down, but she quickly realized her feet would get dirty. So she tried her hardest to stay on Ben's blanket.
ME tried so hard to problem solve by sitting by Ben...
...by sitting on him...
...finally just laying on him! My mom and I were in tears after this! Where does ME get this obsession with not getting dirty?
ME insisted on having a blue balloon. How can you deny a child a balloon even if you don't really want it? She carried it all the back to the car like a baby.

After Wye Mtn., ME went on a date with my parents to two weddings last night. I know this doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the blog, but I had to show my cute little babydoll. I feel like I'm looking at myself 30 years ago. Yikes!

I hope that everyone's first day of Spring went off to a great start and that you're able to enjoy the beautiful days to come...whenever that will be. Snow and rain is in the forecast for Arkansas this week. Crazy!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

This was such a fun day! I'm still laughing at ME - she is such an entertainer & it's a good thing Ben is as laid back as he is and just takes it all in - thanks for letting me be a part of all the fun! And thanks ME for being such a great date at the weddings!