Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Spring Break has already come and gone...sniff, sniff! Although we didn' t go anywhere or do anything too crazy, we had a great break (at least I know I did)!

The first day, my mom and I put together a baby nursery for a great client of mine while the kids spent the day with their VeVe. I know they had a blast with their VeVe! You'll have to check out the nursery that I created at http://www.deesignsbyerin.com/. Hopefully, I'll have pictures of it tonight or tomorrow.
I completely enjoyed Day 2 because I got to be "lazy" around the house with Benjamin and ME. This was also the the first day I thought I would try potty training with ME by putting her in big girl panties. She was a little confused as to why she didn't have a diaper on, but she soon liked the idea. I was a little nervous to put her down for a nap without a diaper, but she did fine until it was time for her to get up. She tried to get out of her room because she needed to tee-tee, but I didn't make it to her door in time so she tee-teed in the floor. With her OCD, I thought that would freak her out that she was messy, but she really did ok with it and just told me, "I tee-tee in floor". We quickly got that cleaned up and went about our day in big girl panties and played with Ben. We never actually made progress in the potty the entire week, in case you're wondering.
ME played a lot of dressup during Spring Break. This was from Day 2 of Spring Break with her big girl panties, dress shoes and socks from the previous day, and her raincoat. Gotta love a girl with style!

Day 3 was spent at the zoo. I am sooo glad that we went earlier in the day, too! By the time we left the zoo, the line was almost across the street! This was Benjamin's first trip to the zoo and he did great! I'm pretty impressed that I was able to push a double stroller while giving Ben his bottle and keeping an eye on ME who didn't want to ride in the stroller.
Davis and ME scaring the lions.
I told ME that we were going to see the lions at the zoo. She said she wanted to go scare them, and that's what she did.
Davis scaring me. :)
"Monkey see...monkey do."
Davis wanted to wear his backpack, so ME thought she had to do the same.
The big kids (ME, Carter, Megan, and Will) watching the giraffes.
My little kid watching the big kids watch the giraffes. I can't wait for him to be able to join in the action with everyone else!
Ashley and I got to the zoo later than the rest of our playgroup, so we hung around and checked out the monkeys after everyone left. We told Davis and ME to climb on top of this gorilla and to hold on. I love their frozen faces!
I was amazed at how this momma chimp kept climbing around while the baby chimp was holding on! Makes me think I need to do a better juggling act with the baby bjorn, Ben, and chores around the house. :)
The zoo is way too much fun!
The rest of the week consisted of just being "lazy" (aka waking up at 7 a.m. to play with kids as opposed to waking up at 5 a.m. to go teach kids). I had so much fun getting to play with both of my precious babies and watch their personalities develop. Ben is really starting to talk, so ME and I had tons of fun spitting bubbles and laughing with him. What a treat to be able to see them love on each other! I know I need to treasure this week because I know in just a few years they won't even want to be near each other.
I know I keep just posting pictures of Benjamin sleeping, but I love his sweet face in this. Shortly before this picture, he was having a blast with kicking and talking, then seconds later...he was out. I guess some guys just aren't cut out for Spring Break.
Meanwhile, ME decided to help me clean the floors before we had family come in town for the weekend. This isn't child labor is it?

No comments: