Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Halloween

Halloween was a little different this year since Benjamin was just fresh out of the oven. Here's how I got Benjamin and Mary Elizabeth excited for the big day a few days ahead of time.
ME's daycare had a Halloween party the Friday before. I decided to make a pumpkin rice krispy treat for her class. Why have I never made this super easy dessert before???


She and her classmates got to wear their costumes to school that day. She was a very sleepy butterfly before school.

I introduced Benjamin to the best food/word on Earth...chocolate! I think he likes it!

Please no more candy! (Just kidding)

Every year my extremely talented dad carves our pumpkins. He takes a lot of pride in this and so do I. This year he had his hands full considering that he had three to carve. It's just too bad that we don't get to enjoy them for a longer time before they rot!


"Oh look! A Dora puntin! My big puntin!"

From left to right: McKenzie's bird, Benjamin's blood-dripping initials, and ME's Dora.

Do you think she's as proud as her Dandy was?

My attempt to take ME's picture before we went to the Parrish's Halloween party.

To celebrate Halloween, we first planned to take ME on a hayride in my parent's neighborhood; however, someone didn't take a nap that day and was a little cranky when it was time to go on the hayride. So we just met VeVe, LaLa, Mama Sam and her cousin to show off the kiddos' costumes.
This was our trick...a family photo.

After that, we headed over to the Parrish's house to play with all of the kids. This was Benjamin's first "outing" besides going to the doctor. I don't think it bothered him at all.
"Please tell everyone to be quiet so I can sleep!"

ME enjoyed telling all of the trick-or-treaters "bye guys".
My little caterpillar.


Even during all of the fun, ME took time to love on her caterpillar .


A few of many attempts to get a picture of all the kids. Poor Sydney needed 10 arms just to hold the babies. I think it was funnier to see all of the adults trying to get the pictures. :)

Thanks, Sydney, for entertaining all of the little ones. They love you!


ME "wore many hats" throughout the night...

Halloween is exhausting!

No comments: