Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, November 21, 2009

23 months old, almost a big kid!

" I'm 23 months and have lots of hair! And I look identical to my mommy when she was my age."
This is the "aftermath" of the ponytail. And, yes, she has another "booboo" on her forehead in the exact same spot as this summer!


As I'm typing this post, I'm on the verge of tearing up because I realize that my baby girl is only a month away from not really being a baby anymore. But I love watching her discover and show what she's learned everyday, so it makes it all better.


Updates on our munchkin:

  • As you can see in the pictures, her hair has really grown. The only thing is that it just keeps getting thicker and thicker, not longer. I love hearing people comment on how cute her "haircut" is. Although we have gone to get it cut to shape it up, this is basically just her hair growth. And, by the way, her highlights are all natural!!! I've had several people ask me if I've gotten her hair highlighted...sorry to mislead! :) And she'll only let one of her daycare teachers, Ms. Kay, "tix it" (fix it).
  • She loves personal hygiene routines. She loves to brush her teeth like I do. I am obsessed with spitting all of the leftover toothpaste out of my mouth, so she pretends to spit in the sink when she brushes hers, too. She puts Drew's deodorant on with the lid. Although we're not pushing potty training yet, she loves to sit on the potty, wipe, flush, and wash her hands. If only we could accomplish the real deal!
  • She loves to paint or "tolor" (color).

Here are some things she says all of the time:

  • "Bebez"=Mary Elizabeth (It only took me 2 weeks after Ben was born to figure out she wasn't saying "babies".)
  • "You otay?" (I love how compassionate she is! It almost makes me want to bump into something just to hear her say it.)
  • "I'll do it"
  • "Here I come" or "Come on"
  • "This way" or "that way"
  • "Bye guys"
  • "My turn" especially when she sees Benjamin on her changing table.
  • "Like mine" or "like yours" while nodding her head. (This is because she notices things that look like things that belong to her or others and says who it belongs to. But we correct her, while nodding our heads, and tell her "No, it's like yours or mine.")
  • "No" and "mine" (Right now, these 2 words have the same effect as cuss words do with me and make me cringe. I know it's part of being a 2-year-old, so I know/hope these words will fizzle out of her frequent vocab. soon).

Mary Elizabeth, thanking for brightening our lives everyday. Just seeing the sparkle in your eyes melts mine and Daddy's hearts. And thank you for being such a great big sister already!

No comments: