Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, November 15, 2009

1 down, many more to come

Months that is...Benjamin is already 1 month old. WOW! Our first month has been great, too! He is such a cuddle bunny, which means that he doesn't like to be put down very often. Seeing how fast ME has grown up already and that I don't have much time for maternity leave this time, I'm not minding holding him all of the time (at least most of the time) since this stage goes by so fast. But I'm more thankful of the Baby Bjorn this time around, which ME has named "Mommy's backpack", so I can get a few things done.
One month old

I don't have much of an update but I can tell you what's gone on in Benjamin's 4-week-old life:
  • He's nursing great and ME is leaving us alone while he eats or "bites" or has "brefest" as she says he's doing (this was a big concern of mine before he arrived). If not, she's cuddling with us during that time.
  • Benjamin sleeps the majority of the day and throughout most any loud noises like ME's screaming and running episodes down the hallway before bedtime, and then is awake from about 8-12 at night. I'm hoping that time slot gets fixed real soon before I head back to work!
  • His favorite holding position is with his belly draped over my left shoulder. He looks so uncomfortable, but that's his "happy place" as is his changing pad, too.
  • Just like ME, he hasn't lost his umbilical cord yet...probably because it was so "healthy" when he was born! ;) He hates me cleaning his belly button and taking sponge baths.
  • He is always grunting, snoring, or making some kind of very sweet noise that Drew actually thinks I'm suffocating him.
  • He's still gaining weight. I took him back to the doc at week 3 because he still looked a little jaundiced, which he wasn't-he just has a slightly darker skin than mine and Drew's pasty skin-and he weighed 9.6 lbs.
  • He had several firsts this past weekend: his first bottle on Friday and did fine with that, so that's one less worry that I'll have when I go back to work in a few weeks! He took his first road trip to Marianna on Saturday and did great in the car ride. He likes moving, rather it be in the car, stroller, or just being bounced in my lap. And he went to church for the first time today and slept throughout the entire service! In fact, he did so well that we took him to our favorite Sunday lunch spot afterwards, Buffalo Grill!

Here are my other attempts of a photo op for his one-month-old picture.




No comments: