Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, June 29, 2009

She's FINALLY arrived!!!

McKenzie Carter Owens decided to make her appearance last night at 7:32 p.m. I guess she heard that the weather was going to be "cooler" this week and that would work better for her good hair days. According to Uncle Bebo and Kari's mom, McKenzie weighed 7lbs. 7oz. and her length is 21 and something. I didn't know that "and something" was an actual measurement, so I'll try to clarify that today. I do have some pictures, but none that truly show how beautiful my niece is since she was so tightly bundled up. Hopefully, I'll get some better ones today to share.

I have to add that ME was a trooper hanging out at the hospital for so long, too. She didn't turn crazy until after 8:00 (she turns kind of silly-delirious past her bedtime). But as soon as she saw her Lala pick up another baby, the meltdown began. So I guess we'll be scoping out babies all over the place for me and others that are so close to ME to hold in front of her before Little Peanut arrives.

I am so excited that I'm an aunt now and am thankful that everything went well for Brant, Kari, and McKenzie. How exciting!!!

No comments: