Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, June 14, 2009

School's out for summer!!!

So I know I'm a little behind in announcing that exciting news, but summer vacay is finally here and we've been sooooooo busy for just one week that I haven't had energy to write/blog. Before I blog about our summer happenings, though, I must first talk about the fun things that my 3rd graders did before we ended the year (of course, ME was included in them).


FIELD TRIPS


For the rainy month of May, we scheduled 2 OUTDOOR field trips for our 3rd graders. The 1st one was to Pinnacle Mtn. and it got rained out, so we had movie day in the classroom. Any good teacher knows how to adapt and adjust! Luckily, the 2nd field trip was a success. We headed to the zoo and I'm so appreciative of my mom and Anna Carol for tagging along! My kids were so excited that ME and Mason were there too. I have some cute pix of my students helping with our kiddos, but I'm not posting for security reasons. This trip to the zoo was so much more fun than last year with ME since she was able to identify the animals and their noises, although she got confused and said that most of them mooed or growled.



I'm ready to see how many animals moo!



I had to show her greasy hair. This shot is just proof that I put sunblock all over her! Maybe I put a little too much, though. :)



ME and Mason are moving to Green Acres!



Conductor Mason and Anna Carol


TALENT SHOW

Each year, our school puts on a talent show the last week of school. I may be bias, but the 3rd graders usually have the best talent. ;) This year was definitely the best routine, by far! My co-worker, Amanda, actually called me last summer to tell me that she wanted to do Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for the show. The dancer in me thought about it for about half a second and said OK! So for the last month of school, we rehearsed every afternoon. Obviously, it wasn't as detailed as the real deal, but I was very impressed with our kids' hard work! They worked so hard that my mom and ME even came to watch! Hope you enjoy our version of "Thriller"! Just don't pay any attention to me...I'm just telling them when to go.

No comments: