Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mission 1 accomplished

First of all, I want to say Happy Father's Day to my daddy and ME's daddy. How lucky am I to know such 2 great daddies?


Secondly, ME is a year and a half today! Wow, that sounds old! But I guess she is a big kid now since she's been going without a paci for 2 weeks tomorrow. Yeah!!!!!!!! Of course, I've been tempted a few times to "put a plug in it" during naptime, but I've been strong. Now if we can just get back to just laying her down and she falls right asleep instead of throwing a screaming fit after Drew or I walk out of her room at night. Surely she'll remember to do that again soon.

I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish with her this summer such as the paci, attempt potty training (I'll take any tips btw), moving her to a big girl bed, and getting her to talk to Bebo. I know that doing all of these might be pretty ambitious, on top of trying to grow my Deesgins by Erin business and my little boy inside me, but I feel pretty good that I can mark the paci off of the list!

Other than the paci, I don't have many updates to report just yet since we don't go for her well-baby checkup until later this week.

Words:
  • She said her first sentence this weekend("Right there"). I know it's only two words, but it's progress.

  • With the Razorbacks being in the College World Series this past week, she saw a lot of Hogs and says "Wooo" everytime she sees one now. It's funny the way she says it too, because it sounds like she's being sarcastic.

Things she's doing:

  • She's getting good practice with another baby coming on board. She is starting to carry a baby doll by the neck underneath her arm like a football. Sweet and gentle, I know!
  • Trying to ride on Dixie and Mo.
  • She thinks that Dixie is playing chase with her (but actually Dix is just sleeping and ME is running away and giggling.)
  • Lovin' the wa-wer (water).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy some pictures of our 18-month-old munchkin.


Her favorite breakfast is cereal bars. Did you know that fruit makes a wonderful facial cream and hair gel as well?

She loves to rock and now "reads" her name everytime she sits in her chair.

No comments: