Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I passed

I'm now 24 weeks pregnant and I went for my monthly checkup yesterday. Getting ready for this appointment was torture because I had to do my glucola test to see if I had gestational diabetes, which means that I couldn't eat carbs all day since my appointment wasn't until 3:00 and then get pricked with a needle (aren't the doctors nice?). I usually have crackers by 10 a.m., plus I worked at my church's VBS this week and the United Methodist Women provided yummo snacks. I, of course, tended to go toward the sweets all week. On the plus side, I passed my test and found out that I'm not anemic anymore! Sianora iron pills!!!!

As for a baby update...Little Peanut (thanks, Lauren, for texting that name to me a few weeks ago) is approximately the size of an ear of corn and his heartbeat yesterday was 148. Drew and I still can't agree on a name for him. And his mommy (that's me, in case you were wondering) has apparently gained 16.5 pounds since the last checkup a month ago. The Dr. and I honestly think that the wrong number was written down last time. I forgot to look at the scale since ME was there with me last time, too...lesson learned for future visits! If not, then that means that my Dr. only wants me to gain 8 more lbs from now until delievery. Can someone please explain that to my stomach?!?!

As for a niece-to-be update...Brant and Kari's little McKenzie heard the weather report and has decided that the heat is not for her. She was expected to arrive on Tuesday, but she didn't want to take the focus away from Drew's birthday. Isn't she sweet? So now if she's not here by next Wednesday, they'll induce Kari. Hey, Kari, at least you weren't preggers the summer of 80! Ha!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I must note that I realize that my head looks weird because my hair is pulled back due to the humidity.