Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tempus fugit

As Drew has always said, "Tempus Fugit" ("Time flies when you're having fun"). It's hard to believe that Mary Elizabeth is already 3 weeks old! These past 22 days have flown by. So with that said, I apologize for not being more up-to-date with posting pictures of our sweet angel. I really don't know where my time has gone each day, but I do know that my life has totally changed and I've enjoyed just about every second of it.

A lot of my friends have asked me how delivery went and I found out that there was misunderstanding of how I delivered, so I'm going to quickly tell you about our hospital visit.

Just before we headed to the hospital.

We checked into the hospital Wed., Dec. 19 at 9 pm. I got my 1st dose of Cytatec (sp?) at 10 pm to help me start to dilate. Then I got another dose at 4 am on Dec. 20th, hoping to break my water at 10:30 am. However, when Dr. Simmons checked on me, I still hadn't dilated (this is what I mean when I say that Mary Elizabeth is stubborn like her daddy -- she wants to do things on her own terms). So I got another dose of Cytatec and finally things started to progress a little. He finally broke my water around 6 pm on Dec. 20 then told us it was going to be a long night. Which it was! Not just for me, who was sitting in that uncomfortable bed and hadn't eaten since Wed. night at 7 pm, but also for Drew and our parents. Finally, Fri. morning at 3 am, Dr. Simmons checked on me and said that I would be ready to push in about 1 hour. And I did just that and out came Mary Elizabeth at 5:12 am. So we did get to avoid the c-section, thankfully!


I feel very fortunate to have had such a great delivery, even though the process prior to that was long. And I feel very fortunate to have such a great baby! God truly is a miracle worker!!!


Here are some more pictures of her. I hope that you enjoy them.





1 comment:

LaLa said...

What an experience! Thank you Erin, Drew, & Mary Elizabeth for allowing me to experience every minute of this blessed event!
LaLa