Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, January 21, 2008

Has a month really gone by?!?!?!

I can't believe that Mary Elizabeth is already 1 month old!!! It seems like just yesterday I was panicking before checking into the hospital because I was nervous and excited all at the same time. Now I know that there was no need to fret. Honestly, after she came out, I said that I was ready to do it again. But I have come to my senses and realize that I need to take in all of my time with Mary Elizabeth first and catch up with my sleep.
Anyway, we have had so much fun together and I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful baby. Although we're still trying to get a sleep schedule worked out, everything else seems to really be going great. She's finally starting to stay awake longer during the day, so I get more playtime with her. She's nursing great, she is starting to really focus intently on things (i.e. her mobile and Dixie), and Drew seems to be getting more comfortable with her. By the way, Dixie is a great big sis! She was a little tired just like us the 1st week, but now she has to be wherever me and Mary Elizabeth are at all times.

As much as I'm loving this sweet, cuddly stage, I can't wait to see what kind of lady she turns into and what the next months entail. Happy 1-month Birthday, Mary Elizabeth!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Happy 1 month baby girl!

LaLa said...

What a great month it's been! Not a bias opinion at all but she is still perfect after one month! We have had such great fun and enjoying every second we get to spend with her! Happy 1 month ME!
Love,
LaLa