Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Not everything revolves around Dixie

...well, at least the title talks about her. I just wanted to update everyone because apparently people are convinced that this blog page is set up for my dog's sake. It's just that she's the only thing exciting right now, and she's stinkin' cute! But I'll update you on us and Little Bit.

In my nursery, I'm planning on doing tone-on-tone stripes with the yellow wall color. So last week, I got chalk line stripes on the walls with the help of my friend Kerri. Then, last night I taped off the stripes with my friend Lauren. Our AC is giving us fits (AKA, not working) and all I have to say about it is Arkansas in July, hot, me pregnant! So Lauren and I decided to come to a stopping point after we taped off the room. She said that this is no condition for a pregnant women to be in...I didn't argue. We're going to attempt to beat the heat and paint the stripes tomorrow night. Pray that God gives us another cool night. Luckily this week hasn't been as hot as we've had here before, but the humidity is thick!

I finally started to feel Little Bit move inside of me around the beginning of July. Sadly, though, Drew hasn't been able to feel the movement yet. I can't wait for that because I know he's anxious to feel it! But I'm sure that will come soon.

The next week I went to the American Idol concert with some friends of mine (Drew got the tickets for free from work in case you were wondering) and I think that we might have a musician, or at least a music lover, on board. Little Bit kicked quite a bit during the concert. Weird feeling, but totally cool! We joked that he-she was crying for Sanjaya. :)

Other updates:
I'm FINALLY going to get my ultrasound on Thursday and I will be 19 weeks!!!!!!!!!! The grandparents, minus Pop, are coming with Drew. They're convinced, or at least Drew is, that the person doing the ultrasound is accidentally going to tell us the sex or that the sonogram will be so obvious that we'll know what we're having. I hope they're wrong!

The other update is that the food of the week is a sweet potato, and Little Bit is approximately 7oz.. Last week, Little Bit was the size of an onion (thankfully, that yuck food is over!).

OK, I think that's about it for now. I'll be sure to post pix of my nursery and the sonogram soon.

No comments: